Click here to visit ...

Sunday, April 27, 2014

InspirationFX: Organic Leaves



InspirationFX
Get your creative juices flowing

Organic Leaves
by: Dwyn Tomlinson
New - cork leather! And boy, is it yummy! Just as super easy to use as the leather, matte finish, and a nice, smooth, silky feel to it. A little stiffer and springier than the regular leather, I think.

Cut the cork to length - I used 8 inches, add the beads, and dry fit the clasp, then glue on. The beads were a little slidey - so I glued the end two in place.

I've also pictured below another bracelet with beads held on with wire wrapping. Unfortunately - the beads shown are long out of stock and from my private stash, but you could use whatever beads you have. I used about a 22 gauge wire, start a wrap, and wrap very tightly. Add a bead, a few more wraps, etc. If you wind up with a little slack in the wire when you are done, grasp the wire with your roundnose pliers and give a quarter turn, it adds a decorative twist that also tensions up the wire for a more secure wrap. (See photo below.)

Have fun with this "leather" - I think it might be addictive!




















 

Components

Go to our components list for this project and to buy what you need!
Need some help with some of the techniques? Check our tips page.

No comments: