Click here to visit ...

Thursday, August 08, 2013

Absolutely Riveting ...

s33856 Magazine - Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist -  2013 - AugustIt was a dark and stormy night. I sat alone, reading my copy of Lapidary Journal, and wondering if I should head s36896 Beads - 5 mm Flat Leather -  Hammered Bar - Antiqued Copper (1)on down to the Hammered Bar. I heard the 15/0 Metal Seedbeads were playing. Matte Gilding was always my favourite.
s36999 Metal Seedbeads - 15/0 Seedbead - Gilding (2 grams)


s36843 Riveting Supplies - 4 mm Compression Rivet with Tube - Antiqued Pewter (Pack of 10)s37013 Stringing - 5 mm Hollow Core Round Leather Cord - Electric Blue Eel (Inch)

Suddenly - a shot rang out. It sounded like a 4 mm Compression Rivet with Tube. A jolt went through me like an Electric Blue Eel. I Tri-Buckled on my belt and s36890 Findings - Flat Leather -  R and R Tri-Buckle Clasp - Bright Gold (1)grabbed my snap cap. I s36887 Stamping / Riveting -  R and R Snap Cap - Antiqued Brass (1)peered out the Hollow Eyelet in my door, but could ss37031 Riveting Supplies - 1/16 D 5/32 L Hollow Eyelet - Brass (Pack of 100)ee nothing.





s37017 Stringing -  Mini Regaliz Licorice Leather - Raven Python (Inch)It was as dark as a Raven Python. s37037 Tools -  Dual Head Mini Plastic Mallet -  (1)Brandishing my Dual Head Mini Plastic Mallet - I slipped out into the night. And there it was - an EZ Rivet Piercing and Setting Tool - a deadly weapon that only one person could have used. I reached out for it, but there s37034 Tools -  EZ Rivet Piercing and Setting Tool - was a sound.



With a voice like a Spring Green Serpent, s37015 Stringing - 5 mm Hollow Core Round Leather Cord - Spring Green Serpent (Inch)she said, "Don't move a muscle, I have a replacement blade for the leather cutter here, and I'm not afraid to use it."

"Charlotte?" I called. "Nickle Plated AB 15/0 Charlotte? Is that you? You wouldn't do that to an old friend, would you?" I asked, stalling for time.

s37016 Stringing -  Mini Regaliz Licorice Leather - Sapphire Boa (Inch)Charlotte slithered out of the darkness like a Sapphire Boa. "Well, if it isn't my old friend Rick, from Rick's Beading Loom." s37018 Tools -  Beading Loom Kit - Ricks Beading Loom (1)



"Hey, shweetheart," I said in my best Bogart imitation. "I was just going out for a little R and R Strap Tip. Wanna join me?"

s36872 Findings - 10 mm Flat Leather - Double Wide R and R Strap Tip - Bright Gold (1)
s36881 Findings - Flat Leather - Large Classic Hook Clasp - Antiqued Copper (1)"I wouldn't join you with a Large Classic Hook Clasp!" she sneered.


"Aw, baby, don't be like that. We were great at the Midnight Mamba. I could see her soften a little." s37011 Stringing - 5 mm Hollow Core Round Leather Cord - Midnight Mamba (Inch)s36917 Swarovski Elements - Rhinestones - PP 17 Xirius Chaton (Article 1088) - Jet Hematite (1 gram)"I'll buy you some rhinestones, and we could get Xirus."

You never were too Bright Gold, were you, you Antiqued Copper, she said, shaking her head.


I smiled and offered her my arm. She hesitated, and then took it. And we strolled into the night together. It was the same old s35167 Metal Sheet - .25 x 6 inch Rectangle Bracelet Blank - Copper (1)story: full of holes, but riveting to the end - you can fill in the copper bracelet blanks yourself.



 
So, click on a link above or explore the site and write your own story! Remember - always have fun and play with your beads!



No comments: