Click here to visit ...

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Going Geometric



Jean Power came to beadFX this past week to teach three incredible classes. I was lucky enough to squeeze into Geometric Stars on Saturday and I am so glad I did. 

I'd been working on her Reversible Triangle Pendant pattern for a while using different colour combos. I finally settled on a bright, happy colourway to complement a top I bought for the Swarovski cruise. 

Jean's instructions are fantastic and have excellent diagrams with them. She shares all sorts of tips and tricks to creating the stars and also provided colour coded charts for different designs. The Geometric Stars is in her book, so have no fear, you can make some too!!

It was fun to take a class with some of my fellow beadFX instructors and Toronto bead Society members. 



I always learn something new about teaching techniques when I take a class. One thing that Jean does that I thought was very interesting was that she uses large beads to demonstrate the stitches. I'll certainly be adding that trick to my repertoire. 


Jean also showed us different ways to use the components of the Geometric Star. 

That's for Dwyn!!


Oh, and I bought a few vials of delica's!!!!! I'm loving those darn little beads! 


No comments: