Click here to visit ...

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Getting Ready for Shelley Nybakke's classes

Right-Angle Weave (or, RAW) is a versatile bead stitching technique that can create organic and geometric shapes. The stitch is done most frequently with one needle following a figure-8 thread path. Rows are built upon rows and can be easily increased or decreased. All kinds of beads can be used in RAW and layers can also be built up to give dimension to bracelet and bangles.

Shelley Nybakke has garnered a solid reputation as an artist creating bangles, bracelets and all kinds of jewellery using right-angle weave. In addition to finding her in various beading magazines including Beadwork and Bead and Button, you'll also find her work in Stitch Workshop: Right-Angle Weave, which we currently have in stock at BeadFX. We're very pleased to bring Shelley to BeadFX to share her expertise with right-angle weave! August isn't far away so register now for these exciting classes.

You can find out more about Shelley at her website: http://www.shelleynybakke.com.



Special Offer:

  • Take 1 class for $135 + HST
  • Take any 2 classes for $250 + HST (save $20)
  • Take all 3 classes for $360 + HST (save $45)
  • Deposits accepted (half of the cost of the class + HST), balance payable the date of the class.
Shelley's projects definitely not for beginners. Students must have experience doing single-needle right angle weave.

Join us for Shelley's classes:

Slow Hand Bracelet
Friday, August 9
10:00am - 5:00pm
Because I have always loved the song by the Pointer Sisters, (yes I am old), because I didn't get this sample done in time for the Bead & Button Show, and because somehow I got very very lucky and ended up with my very own man with a slow hand.  Actually two slow hands! Right Angle Weave.
Class fee: $135; Supply list on website

Steamy Windows
Saturday, August 10
10:00am - 5:00pm
This one reminded me of Stained Glass Windows.  But that is sort of a boring name for me and has probably been used numerous times already.  So Steamy Windows it is.  That name reminds me of my high school days and steamy times in a Chevy Super Sport.  And of course no one describes Steamy Windows better than Tina Turner. Layered Right Angle Weave.
Class fee: $135; Supply list on website

Diamonds in the Rough
Sunday, August 11
10:00am - 5:00pm
Who could ever say no to a diamond.  Of any kind?  Not me. A girl just can't have too many. I'm working on my collection.  But in my wise old age, I like diamonds made from Firepolish, Swarovski crystals, pearls.  Anything.  I've learned that a real diamond isn't all it is CRACKED up to be.
Class fee: $135; Supply list on website

Complete information about Shelley's classes is on our website (click on 'classes', follow the link to 'August'). Please register in advance by calling the store at (416) 751-1911.

No comments: