Click here to visit ...

Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Joy of Metal Clay: Easy Make-it-Yourself Textures


I bought some Scratch-Foam Board to try out as I have heard it is a quick and easy way to make your own textures.  It a thin white foam board that you can easily "scratch" your texture onto the board.



The instructions say " With just a pencil, lollipop stick or ball-point pen, any child can 'cut' a block". I tested it and it really is that easy.


My fish bone print.  I hope to use this with a pottery dish I am going to be making for my cat.
 

A random heart print.  I am not sure if I like this one.  I may work on this one a bit more.
 
Personally, I would prefer that the print could make an indentation rather that be raised but  I imagine  I could reverse the print using an alternative medium such as a molding compound or polymer clay. 
 
 

No comments: