Click here to visit ...

Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Double Duty Spiral Rope Cuff

Last week I congratulated beadFX customer, Ellen Tihane, on being published in the August 2012 issue of Bead&Button. Her pattern on page 26 is a new twist on spiral rope: a reversible bracelet. Advertised as a "stitcher's delight", I have to agree 100%. Back in 2007, you couldn't get me to look at a seed bead and now I can't get enough of them. This pattern is relatively easy for a new stitcher and challenging enough for the experienced beaders. I fall somewhere in between with never having played with spiral rope.

I decided to use a more "Dixon Chick" colour way than the beautiful muted olivines and metallic brown iris Ellen used. I like bright colours. I used the following beads and colours:

Czech 6/0 in Metallic Greenlined Crystal (sku 65428004)



11/0 Toho Semi Matte Silverlined Hot Pink Opal Permanent Finish (sku tb11rpf2107)



11/0 Toho Inside Colour Light Sapphire/Opal Purple Lined (sku tb11r934)



11/0 Toho Ceylon Light Seafoam (tb11r920)



11/0 Toho Opaque Periwinkle (sku tb11r48L)




I am very happy with the results.




I have finished the bracelet stitching part and just need to add a clasp.

What I found interesting was where the beads ended up in the finished piece. I'm looking forward to making more of these. I'm also thinking of how I can use Swarovski Elements in this pattern... :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: