Click here to visit ...

Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Business Chat - Morsels of thought

Well hello people.

At this time of year don’t you just want to curl up inside with a cup of tea and a good book? I do and I have been. I’ve been reading a lot lately and not just good trashy novels. I’ve been reading my business books and blogs and digesting all sorts of information. It’s really important to take some time to regroup and gather your thoughts. I have a huge soup of knowledge simmering in my brain right now but it’s not quite done and I’m rather low on brilliant words of wisdom to share with you today so here are some snippets I’ve come across.
First, here’s a really interesting link for you.
Wow, the top seller made over 54,000 sales. Now that is impressive. I want you to take a look at some of these sites (and do so with your credit card locked away!). This is research. As you look at these shops I want you to make notes.
  • What’s your very first impression of the site? Write down 5 adjectives. What does the site make you feel?
  • How easy is it to find the information about ordering?
  • Look at the photographs and notice the styling of the products. What do you like and not like?
  • Read the profiles of the shops.
Now think how your shop compares. What are these top sellers doing that you aren’t? Make a list of 5 small improvements that you can make. We’ll get to those at a later date.

There’s an interesting conversation taking place amongst a lot of business bloggers about the economy. Not as you would expect, grizzling and moaning but rather about ignoring it and making your own economy. While things may not be roses everywhere people still have money and still buy goods. You just have to choose to be better/different than what is currently out there.

The 4 Step Process to Success. (from Johnny B Truant – warning, an X-rated site)
  1. Begin.
  2. Do the work.
  3. Ship.
  4. Repeat.

And I'll leave you with a great quote from Albert Einstein:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

No comments: