Click here to visit ...

Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Joy of Metal Clay - Big Beautiful and Bronze Dragonfly


Over the past couple of weeks I have mentioned my plans to make a bronze brooch using the inexpensive brooch findings and also my plans to make a dragonfly. This weekend I "killed a bird with one stone" and made a bronze dragonfly brooch. Unfortunately, it is not dry enough to fire, but I will post pictures of it once fired soon.



Here it is in process:




1.I rolled out a body making one end thicker than the other.





2. Then I slit the top of the thicker end to help make the "buldgy" eye shape.






3. I cut out four wings (free hand). I used a piece of screening as texture.





4. I attached the body to the wings.




5. I added a rope of clay along the bottom wings, then three lavender CZ's at the bottom edge of a wing. (I hope they hold???)



I will post a photograph after it is fired.



Heather












No comments: