Click here to visit ...

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Inspiration Friday

With a new year, how about we make a few little changes to our Inspiration Friday posts? This year, you pick your inspiration reference! There are lots of places to find inspiration. Photo's, magazines, fabric, nature, patterns, textures...Have a really good look at the little things around you, and make something - anything at all. The whole point is to get you out of your comfort zone, and experiment with new beads, materials, found objects, ephemera - anything you can find!

We'd love to see what you come up with. Send us a picture of your new creation, along with a pic, or description of your inspiration reference.  Send it to contest@beadfx.com with the subject line "Inspiration Friday"

If you have a personal blog, or etsy/artfire/bigcartel type site - send us a link to that as well!






From Nathalie:


Hiya! TGIF!!!

(It's been a  crazy day here today….) I have a new ring, made of PMC3, inspired by the cold weather outside – I can't wait for Spring! I can't wait to see pretty flowers blooming in my garden…

It's an interpretation of a Rose. Sort of a contemporary twist on a flower ring. A modern Rose Ring. I submitted it to the RAW2011 Flickr Group where we make 1 ring per week for the challenge.

For more information/more pictures on this ring, it's listed in my http://www.CanadianRockiesArt.ArtFire.com studio

Cheers!
Nathalie



I have something far less pretty for you this week. In fact, I'm not really sure where I'm going with these yet. I am enjoying just futzing around in the studio though - that counts for something right? lol!




You're probably asking ...Ummm....so what are they?  I think they'll be resin trays of some sort. They're a mix of copper, and fine silver - and I'm pretty sure I'm going to patina them first once I've got them filed and cleaned up a bit. We'll see...


Have a good weekend all!

No comments: