Click here to visit ...

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Inspiration Friday

With a new year, how about we make a few little changes to our Inspiration Friday posts? This year, you pick your inspiration reference! There are lots of places to find inspiration. Photo's, magazines, fabric, nature, patterns, textures...Have a really good look at the little things around you, and make something - anything at all. The whole point is to get you out of your comfort zone, and experiment with new beads, materials, found objects, ephemera - anything you can find!

We'd love to see what you come up with. Send us a picture of your new creation, along with a pic, or description of your inspiration reference.  Send it to contest@beadfx.com with the subject line "Inspiration Friday"

If you have a personal blog, or etsy/artfire/bigcartel type site - send us a link to that as well!


I don't have too much this week for you as I'm still trying to get my studio cleaned up in between doing a million other things.
I do have a few things, but I mainly had fun editing them in picnik. It's a free online (and very easy to use) photo editing site. Upload your pics, edit, crop, and add fancy text and effects. Love it!!!

So if you haven't been sending us any eye candy due to lack of photo editing skill - You now have no excuse :-)






1 comment:

Gail DB said...

Hi Jen, Your last posting of the notion of letting anything inspire you - and you mentioned fabric - did inspire me. I've always loved fabric, and have been a seamstress since I took a Singer sewing course at the age of 10. I have a polymer clay piece in progress which was inspired by your mention of fabric; I hope to finish it this week & send a picture. Love your blogging. G.