Click here to visit ...

Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Joy of Metal Clay: A Stacking Ring

As I sit here relaxing on Boxing Day. I have decided to share my fun and fabulous stacking ring over the past few months that I managed to fire and polish for the Holidays. It was project that I had on the go for a while.
I made a very wide band ring, let it dry partially and then cut it in half to make the two rings. Then I let it dry complete and added the adornments. This ring's adornments interlock which makes for an interesting ring (in my opinion).
The outer portion is a domed circle with a cutout. The cutout from the center was domed and added to the second ring. A lab created Sapphire was added in the middle.
I am happy with how it sits on my hand. I am a fan of big rings but usually the ones I choose stick up and catch. This one although bit has a nice profile and is very wearable.
It also can be worn as two separate rings.


No comments: