Click here to visit ...

Thursday, September 23, 2010

What's she playing with now?


You may be asking yourself - what on earth is she going to do with copper pipe, and a pipe cutter? Those of you who have read Stephanie Lee's Semiprecious Salvage know exactly what I'm going to do. For those who haven't - stay tuned next week!  I'm very excited :-)
Last week, I posted the very sad story of the flooding in my basement, and the complete ruin of a metal clay project I was working on. Once I finished crying of course - I started fresh. Fortunately, on one of my walks with the girls - we had collected many, many maple keys. I still have lots more. 

These are currently being painted with layers of art clay silver paste. Once done, each key will have at least 10 layers of paste. I'll also be attaching a fine silver wire to the back of each, so they can be hung as a pendant.

At this point, there are 6 layers of paste. By next week, I should have them completed.


No comments: