Click here to visit ...

Thursday, August 12, 2010

More playing with resin

I've been (very slowly) working on some projects that will allow us to teach a resin class this fall. As I think I've mentioned a few times already - with the kids home for the summer, I'm really not getting too much done.  :-)

The other day I was experimenting with painting the resin on paper. It could be the humidity, but it just isn't hardening up like I thought it would. I want to make some teeny/tiny little book necklaces out of actual paper, and bound with  a hinged metal clay cover. I can see these in both silver, and copper or bronze. Could be a lot of fun!  I think I'll have to wait a few more days and see how the paper hardens up.

Pics to come once I have time to actually make it! (don't hold your breath for this one) ;-)

No comments: