Click here to visit ...

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Metal Clay Playdays - and more on the sneak peek

Yesterday was another fun metal clay playday at beadfx. In my seemingly unending busyness - I forgot to tell my usual crew that we were having a play day, so Marija and I were both quite productive. I managed to make 84 little worry beads to get up on etsy, and bring some into the store. I've got about 30 of them firing right now.  

I do want to point out that anyone is welcome to join us on our playdays. You do not need to have a lot of experience. In fact, it's perfect for the beginner who does not have a lot of tools, and is just that little bit afraid to open their package of expensive clay.  In fact, opening it with a bunch of people who will help you out - is much more liberating! While our playdays are not classes per say, I am here to support, and help out in little ways!  It's the perfect opportunity to fire off those million and one questions you didn't have a chance to ask about in a class, or after reading an arsenal of metal clay books.

Our next metal clay playday is Tuesday July 27th - $10, and includes firing of silver/gold, or Art Clay Copper clays only.  Bronze/copper (other brands) clays can only be fired after speaking with me (you have read my posts on my firing problems right?)  - if not, go back and see if you still want me to fire them :-) I have zero experience with Prometheus Clay, but I have a decent amount of success with both Hadar's Clay, and Metal Clay Adventures clay.

Ohhh, and tonight - just wait for tonight. If you saw Dwyn's post on Saturday regarding the sneak peek with the insanely fabulous (huge) Swarovski stones.  That's NOTHING....I poked through two boxes of stones - each more fabulous than the next!   You need some of these - really. :-)

No comments: