Click here to visit ...

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Late post - sad day

My wonderful faithful laptop has finally passed on - and with it, years of photo's and software, and everything I hold dear...Yes, I have backups (Thank goodness!) but it's still a royal pain. Living with a computer geek has it's privileges. I'm not without a computer - far from it. I'm not even going to tell you how many computers we have in our house (not all completely usable) .

It's not the same though. My laptop was the only Windows based computer we have in the house. We also have a Mac, which I'll now have to get used to using - I know Mac's are supposedly really easy, but when you get used to working with something, and particular software - It's hard to change.

Photoshop is gone...I now need to learn how to use the gimp on a unix box, or the mac to get any of my photo's edited. Dreamweaver? Gone too. It's been eons since I've edited a web page using VI. I don't think I even remember how to type in VI!

Unless you're a unix geek, you probably have no idea what I'm talking about. It's enough to say that it's ridiculously complex :-)

Anyways - that's why the late post, and nothing particularly interesting for me to talk about - as I was too preoccupied with my dead computer.

night all!

No comments: