Click here to visit ...

Friday, August 14, 2009

Vendor Call - Peterborough Sunday Market


Welcome to the Peterborough Downtown Craft Market, an exciting new venture in the heart of the historical downtown!

The Square attracts many people year round and is the ideal place to sell or buy handmade gifts on a Sunday! It is situated in the lively centre of the Electric City, and bordered by the quaint Book District, the Galaxy Cinema, the eclectic Restaurant District and the hip and trendy Fashion District!

Both levels are available for the PDCM and we are also able to make use of both the gorgeous indoor Atrium as well as the spacious and lovely outdoor Courtyard.

The Peterborough Downtown Market is dedicated to providing a weekly, year round, jewelbox-like showcase for Ontario Artists and Crafters to display their handmade treasures. Discerning shoppers will love to experience the delight of a handmade designer market!

Hello! I'm Wendy Gibson and I live, write and craft in downtown Peterborough, Ontario. I am so happy that you are interested in this exciting venture! I love Peterborough and its historical Downtown and that's why I have made it my business to promote the Downtown as much as I can. To this end, I have started the Peterborough Downtown Craft Market!

As a jewellery designer and mixed-media artist myself, I know how difficult it is to find appropriate venues to sell my handmade creations. Farmers Markets and Flea Markets are wonderful destinations but not really the ideal place to sell fine jewellery, limited edition letterpress designs, designer quilts, original oil paintings, gorgeous home decor pieces, luxurious soaps and other designer goods.

Opening a store and working in it 6 days a week is not for me! I love the excitement of a weekly market but I also want to be able to sell my pieces year round. That's when I thought of Peterborough Square, in the heart of downtown Peterborough, as the perfect venue for the Peterborough Downtown Craft Market!

The Market will encompass both the upper and lower levels of the beautiful, sunlit Atrium. In good weather, vendors can display their wares outside in the lovely Courtyard! With street access on four sides, underground parking, a food court, the Galaxy Theatre and two levels to work with, shoppers and vendors will be hard-pressed to find a more ideal spot to spend a Sunday!

See you at the Market!

For more information please check out the market's webpage

No comments: