Click here to visit ...

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Ack - It's Sunday!

Ack! Ack! Guess who forgot it was Sunday? Blog post. Ack!

A friend just emailed me and asked "Is it a rule that there is always something to buy to finish a project."

Speaking with my bead store hat on - I would have to say, "Why, yes - there's a law - there is always something that you need to buy to finish every project."

But - I had a fellow designer tell me - many years ago - "When you are putting something together, and you find yourself saying 'I need ...' - you should stop and think about if you really need it. Odds are, you can come up with a substitute."

Course - that's easy for me to say - as I have a serious stash of beads, findings, etc. But still - it bears thinking about. Maybe there is another way to get the effect you want - without buying anything else. Maybe.

or Maybe Not. ;-)

Maybe the fun is in the shopping, and the finished jewelry is just icing on the cake. ;-)

No comments: