Click here to visit ...

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The inspiration update - as promised

Way, way later than originally planned ;-) Yesterday, we were hosting our final metal clay play day of the year. It was a small group consisting of Mona, Sandra, Tina, Christine, and Linda - plus me of course. It was a nice size, but we still managed to be a little rowdy. Lee kept shutting the door to our offices. I imagine so that she could hear herself think. ;-)

Then last night, we had our staff Christmas party! It was a bit of late night...

On Sunday during our demo day, I had designed a new colour combination for the mixed metals bracelet. It's a lovely blue/purple mix. This took about 4 hours to complete ( I was chatting a lot). One of our customers who came in to watch the demo, decided to make a smaller version for herself. The project is identical, but instead of 6, and 8mm beads...You use 4, and 6mm beads. I actually like this version better in a way. The first version is fun and BIG. The second version is more wearable for day to day. I used a combination of silver, and beiges for glittery, but very elegant look.

For those of you who missed the original, it can be viewed here. You will need to pre wrap about 150 pearls no matter which version you do. 150 will give you a pretty big bracelet. I had about 6 or 7 of each pearl left over. How many you need will depend on your wrist size.

The pattern for stringing is
crystal
sm pearl
big pearl
sm pearl
crystal
big pearl
sm pearl
big pearl
crystal

Keep repeating! The pearls, because they are prewired into wrapped loops, will bunch together and give you a small little bauble of pearls. The crystal provides just that hint of sparkle beneath the pearls. I would love to see your other renditions. This was a particularly popular inspiration, and can easily be adapted into a million other versions using different types of beads. If you've made one, we'd love to see it!

Ok, I've been holding this post for a few hours while I find my phone (which has all of the pictures on it) My little girls have obviously hidden it somewhere - sigh. The battery is dead, so I can't call it. I will post the pics if I ever find my phone....

No comments: